Happy new year. Wondering where I've been? Yeah, me too. Worst case of “no inspiration” since I started writing this blog a little over two years ago. But how about this for a boost of inspiration.
My very good friend, who is the author of The Fibitz, has bestowed the honor of a nomination for the Liebster Blog award upon me. What is the Liebster Blog award you ask? No idea. There's no entry for it on Wikipedia, which in the internet world pretty much means it's as real as Zombies and dragons (VERY VERY REAL). Why did I capitalize Zombies but not dragons? Whimsy.
A google (no capitalization there p²? Now you're just arbitrary) search gives you pages and pages of people who have been nominated for / won the award, but again no real information. All this leads me to believe that it's an award of the very best kind – an organic sprouting of bloggers who want to help fellow bloggers reach bigger audiences. How awesome is that?!!
[Begin cut and paste]
Liebster is a German word that means dearest,and this award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers who deserve more recognition.
Here are the rules:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
- Give your top 5 picks for the award.
- Inform your top 5 by leaving a comment on their blogs.
- Post the award on your blog.
[End cut and paste]
Numbers one and two: done and done (so rarely do you get to use that phrase correctly). Number three (my top five picks) is slightly more difficult because I don't read a lot of small blogs. I'd nominate The Fibitz (see how I cleverly linked to his blog again to compel you to go there – you should be compelled because his blog is wonderful), but that would pretty much defeat the purpose of this award process. OK. The first two are easy peasy.
1. Squiggle This – Technically, I think they have more than 200 followers but not so many more that they should be disqualified. Furthermore, NOT sending you to their blog would constitute me punishing my followers because everyone should be reading Squiggle This.
2. Eric's Daily Horoscope – I would kill to be able to write something funny every day. I suppose I could kill Eric and take credit for his blog, but then it would no longer be a Daily Horoscope because ain't no way I'm writing every day.
After that I'm kind of stumped. Here's what I'll do. I'll start rummaging around the internet looking for small, interesting blogs and then update this post. Really, that's the best I can do. I apparently have as big an aversion to reading as I do to writing these days.
Stay tuned. I suspect at the very least I will succumb to the evil seduction of American Idol. I planned on writing about X Factor, but ultimately I never got sucked in. I didn't even watch the final two episodes. Am I becoming allergic to talent competitions? I didn't watch the penultimate (thank god for spell check – I always want to put a t after the pen in penultimate) night of American Idol either, although that was mostly because I didn't particularly care for either one of them.
Anyway, thanks again Fibitz for the honor. I'll try to live up to the hype from here on out.