Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Classic Christmas Comedy, Part One

It's no secret to anyone who knows me (or reads this blog regularly) that I love Christmas. I've written posts about my favorite Christmas music, as well as one about things to do to make the holiday more fun. I even wrote one about counting your blessings. I can be very sincere and polyanna when it comes to Christmas. But really, who are we kidding? Read the rest of the blog. So tonight (and tomorrow), with no real writing involved at all, here are some of my TRULY favorite holiday stories, sketches, stand-up, etc.


1. Ed Grimley Gets a Visit from the Devil -- I couldn't embed this one and the video quality is not top-notch. But 25 years later, I never get tired of hearing him say, "Golly that's a pain that's going to linger well into next year."

2. Festivus -- The tradition of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances.



3. Lewis Black, Hanukkah and Christmas -- Eight days of gifts: that works well on paper.



4. David Sedaris, Six to Eight Black Men -- For starters, Santa didn't "used to do" anything.




No comments:

Post a Comment